If the links are broken, check them on archive.org.

3 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Getting newer Bluetooth adapters to work for Linux

Well, it arrived, today.

My device recognized it and was able to see most of my devices (not my Jelly Comb keyboard, though). However, I was having trouble connecting. I did a bunch of stuff, and it kind of connected for a while and then stopped. Then it connected to my other bluetooth adapter, but it gave me screeching/distorted audio. Then I did more stuff and it stopped working.

Then I stopped using it for maybe some hours, and tried again. Then it worked (transmitting audio to the other Bluetooth adapter, which has a chargeable battery, which I have my wired headphones plugged into to make them wireless).

I still haven't gotten other stuff to work, yet, though, but I haven't tried anything else since I got the wired headphones to work. The volume was super loud; I had to turn it down on my computer a lot.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Getting newer Bluetooth adapters to work for Linux

Okay, so I discovered that it only connected to the other adapter (which I connected with my wired headphones) once in a great while. However, today, I found out how to make it so I can reliably connect (once I've paired it):

- Exit the Blueman applet (if it's open)
- On the command-line, type `sudo systemctl restart bluetooth; blueman-applet` (and enter your password)
- On the Blueman applet, select make discoverable
- Then go in to your already paired device, right-click, and select connect (it should connect right away)

My other Bluetooth device that I connected to is a TaoTronics (model number: TT-BA015-WM), as purchased at Walmart here:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-TaoTronics-2-in-1-Wireless-3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Adapter-for-TV-Car-PC-Headphones/1509002263

I was transmitting from my computer's device to the TaoTronics device (which was in receive mode; I waited until after I heard a voice say 'power on' and then 'pairing' before I manually selected connect on the Blueman applet).
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Getting newer Bluetooth adapters to work for Linux

If it connects before it says 'Pairing' you'll probably need to disconnect and reconnect right away, or it won't work.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6