Powdered food, herbs, and spices for preppers and foodies

I've been thinking for a long time now that powdered food is extremely useful. Here are some of my reasons:

• They take up very little space for how much nutrition, flavor, or usefulness they offer.
• They last a long time (without refrigeration, canning, or freezing).
• They require less chewing than before they were powdered.
• They're easy to mix into dishes minimal preparation (including smoothies)
• If you powder a lot of stuff, you have a lot of flavors to work with at a moment's notice, without having to go to the grocery store every other day/week/month to resupply (which is nice in the case of a pandemic, for instance).
• Powdered stuff can taste very good.
• You can season stuff with it (use it as a spice, herb, or a flavoring).
• You can powder all sorts of stuff (not just the things you see for sale in powdered form).

Anyway, you can powder food at home. All you need is a food dehydrator (or an oven), a blender (or some kind of grinder), jars, lids, and storage space. Some things you might normally discard can be quite valuable powdered (such as citrus peels; you can use the peel powder for desserts and stuff, even when you don't have a citrus fruit on hand).

I encourage society to embrace powdered food (and making it yourself). Doing so would reduce waste, improve food security, assist in social distancing, make shipping/storage easier, increase the flavors chef's have to work with, and so on and so forth.

I really want to make some powdered culinary mushrooms the next chance I get. That would be so awesome to have on hand.

powder_
dehydration_