pancake_

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Whole-wheat aluminum-free pancakes

Okay, I finally have a good whole-wheat aluminum-free pancake recipe that is super easy, fluffy, and nutritious:

* 1 cup whole wheat flour
* Just over ¼ teaspoon baking soda
* Just under ¼ teaspoon iodized salt
* Three eggs
* Cold tapwater

I mixed the eggs with the flour before adding water. I made them in a 10-inch cast-iron pan, oiled with avocado oil, heated to 6 (just over medium), on a large electric burner.

The recipe made three large pancakes. They were nice and fluffy. Very good with butter and jam. If you don't add sweet pancake toppings, they're not sweet, of course, but you shouldn't notice that if you do.

This is easier than the first recipe I mentioned, and makes much thicker pancakes. The eggs make it extra nutritious (and make larger pancakes possible).
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6