A family member had been watering it, apparently.

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Volunteer Red-seeded Citron watermelon, 2019

I harvested twenty-eight fruits from the volunteer, today. None seemed to be fully ripe. Maybe one was. They ripen in storage, though. It frosted, this morning; so, it was time. Fortunately, the fruits were unharmed.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Volunteer Red-seeded Citron watermelon, 2019

We got twenty-nine fruits. Three were too immature and got damaged as a result (I didn't notice one of them until later; so, I reported 28 elsewhere). I gave one to one of my neighbors. Here are pictures of the rest:

Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6