heirloom_tomato

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Purple Calabash tomato

Whichever one I planted northmost turned out to be a cross, since it had red fruit. It tasted like a slightly moldy, potent, astringent blossom scar on a beefsteak, without acidity or sugar. I didn't prefer it! Maybe it could be an acquired taste.

Good thing I have another plant from another source.

I don't plan to grow either one next year, although I am intending to save seeds from both (I've already saved some from the cross). The cross has been a lot more productive than the other plant, so far.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Purple Calabash tomato