Getting more iodine in my diet

So, once upon a time, I read a study about how adding extra iodine to the soil can help one get a lot more iodine from the plants that grow. My post isn't about the iodine needs of plants, however. It's just about increasing iodine consumption.

Where does one get the sort of iodine that they used for this, I wonder.

I'm not sure what I first read, but here's an article for you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4993787/

Another alternative might be to swim in the ocean (or just wet your feet in it). There's iodine in the water, and I imagine it can be absorbed through your skin into your bloodstream (much as magnesium sulfate can be).

plant_
nutrition_