The first few replies in this thread are about the plant earlier this year; I originally referred to it as Bloody Butcher in those posts.

3 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Bloody Butcher tomato

This post was updated on .
Here is my [Frittata Kitchen] tomato plant, so far, this year. I just thinned it, today. This is from the unusual fruit last year with firmer flesh and many locules; it may be a sport.

Frittata Kitchen tomato plant, from a firm Bloody Butcher fruit with many locules and firmer flesh than the other fruits.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Bloody Butcher tomato

This post was updated on .
We got three ripe [Frittata Kitchen] tomatoes today. They do taste different than last year's [Bloody Butcher]; I like the difference. They seem a bit firmer, but not nearly as much as the parent fruit. The fruits are about the size and shape of regular Bloody Butcher tomatoes.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Bloody Butcher tomato

The fruits are really nice, this year! Plenty tart, in a way that is excellent in frittatas. It was super mild last year; so, it's a lot different. I wonder if it's a cross, a mutant, the year, or acclimatization. I definitely want to grow it again next year! I might grow multiple plants.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6