I'm not sure if my horseradish is the same sort as the kind I tried earlier in the year. The kind I ate today had western shade, and probably some southern shade, and it had black plastic around it. The other kind was in full sun, with no black plastic; it also had no chlorosis.

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Flavor and texture of horseradish greens in summer

This post was updated on .
Did I say full-sized? Um, they get a lot bigger than that (although I think that particular leaf was mature). Here's a new leaf from another plant; it's almost as long as my whole arm. I ate it on some sandwiches, today (after taking out most of the center vein). The sandwiches have cheese, ranch, and bacon bits added. I divided the whole leaf between two sandwiches. The taste on the sandwich was about the same as the leaf with chlorosis. Just for the record, this isn't my ideal sandwich recipe, although they're not bad sandwiches. Horseradish leaves could still be in an ideal sandwich recipe, though.

Most of the center vein that I took out

Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6