Dill pickles for hamburgers

This recipe is from the Ball Blue Book of Preserving, p. 48 (Hamburger Dills).

Ingredients:
* 4lbs 4" cucumbers (sliced) (we would probably use West India burr gherkins)
* 6 tablespoons canning salt
* 4½ cups water
* 4 cups vinegar
* 14 heads fresh dill
* 3½ teaspoons musard seed
* 14 peppercorns (2 per each of the 7 pint jars)

See book for directions. 15-minutes in a water-bath canner. It has you boil most of the seasons, sans the dill, and drizzle them over the top of the packed cucumbers.

I haven't tried it, yet, but it looks like one of the better and simpler dill pickle recipes I've seen. It has no sugar added.

recipe_
burr_gherkin