Amana Orange cross (bicolor with stripes)

I harvested, seeded and ate a fruit from my Amana Orange cross on 26 Aug 2019. It tasted awesome! It had great firm texture like Amana Oange has in the past, too. The shape is like the Amana Orange I grew in 2017, but the fruit isn't very big.

I suspect that Girl Girl's Weird Thing was the father plant. It had a lot more flavor than Girl Girl's Weird Thing has in the past for me, though, and a lot more than Amana Orange, too. Maybe that's because I grew it with black plastic this time. Maybe the cross brought out more flavor. Or, maybe the year did.

Pink Berkeley Tie Dye is another candidate for the father. Indian Zebra (perhaps the same as Indian Stripe) is another possibility.

The inside has some pink in it. The exterior is an interesting color.

I don't know why the fruits aren't larger.

Striped Amana Ornage tomato cross fruits, whole.
Striped Amana Ornage tomato cross fruits, whole.
Striped Amana Ornage tomato cross fruits, whole.
Striped Amana Ornage tomato cross fruits, whole.
Striped Amana Ornage tomato cross fruits, sliced.

other_tomato

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Amana Orange cross (bicolor with stripes)

I'm getting new Amana Orange seeds from ginger2778 of TomatoJunction.com. I'm excited.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Amana Orange cross (bicolor with stripes)

The father plant might have been Orange and Green Zebra or Red Beauty.

The new Amana Orange from ginger2778 of TJ has been doing well in 2021, and the fruit resembles what I remember from when my other one was orange.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6