We had some larger winter watermelon fruits earlier in the season, which I didn't identify, which may or may not have belonged to this breed (but probably not). They were likely Wintermelon, King Winter, or an unlabeled kind.

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Winter Queen watermelon

This post was updated on .
Here's a picture of it from when I ate it (and the others of the variety) on the date I took the picture (1 Oct 2019). I don't know what else this picture would be.

A sliced open Winter Queen watermelon on a plate on a stove. Pink flesh and black seeds. A spoon can be seen, in part.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6