I like to wait until the UV index is about 3 before I go out now.

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: UV sensitivity; High UV lately

This post was updated on .
Huh. Apparently, the time of year makes even more difference than the UV index. I'm not sure why UV bothers me more in the spring, and when the weather changes from hot to cold and back and forth again. When the summer steadies out and is consistently hot and dry, then I tend to stop getting headaches and stuff like that, even if the UV index is 10.

I was having trouble with UV indexes above 1, for a while. The low end of two seemed kind of okay, but the higher end of 2 did not.

I got some goggles to block the UV, which worked fairly well (sans the ambient light through the vents and the option portion, which was problematic). I used them to help me sleep, too (UV seems to make it harder for me to sleep), until I found out I was allergic to them!

Getting sleep when it's dark seems to increase my tolerance for UV, too. For when it's not dark, I got these sleep masks, which are very effective at blocking the light!
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6