Torpeda melon with turban

The turban melon split open, probably a while ago by the look of it. I started fermenting the seeds and used the rest to enrich soil, since it seemed unsafe to eat. I'm fermenting the seeds since they have a whole lot of gel. Since that trait seems recessive my plant probably isn't a cross (unless it crossed with Kirkman). I'm not sure that the flesh is as white this year, though.

Many of the seeds, especially at the stem end, were not the usual shape. The turban part was chalk full of seeds.