Closer pictures:

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Today's West India burr gherkin harvest

It's a good thing I have multiple layers of skin, because today I processed those burr gherkins (and threw out the ones that were potentially going bad; I put most of those in the soil to compost and reseed next year); well, some I set aside for seed-saving (those were the largest ones on top). I mean I took the stems off and cut the fruits in halves and fourths for the largest ones. They're in a stock pot waiting to be pickled.

Anyway, handling all those burr gherkins frayed the dead skin on some of my digits, but that's about it.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6