Thessaloniki tomato

Here are some Thessaloniki tomatoes that I harvested, seeded and ate several hours ago.

The first and largest one tasted quite good and had some of that burned tomato taste to it that Matina had in 2017, but not so much that it was overpowering. the second fruit tasted different, but I liked it a lot.

Thessaloniki tomato fruits, whole.
Larger fruit:
Thessaloniki tomato fruits, sliced.
Thessaloniki tomato fruits, sliced.

The plant is looking quite prolific.

In 2016, it was also prolific (albeit not early), and it had softball-sized fruits, but had a somewhat different texture and a different taste. I watered it a lot then and didn't use black plastic. I saved seeds and grew them in 2017 with drought, without bkack plastic, and the plant produced small fruit, and few fruit, with potent good taste. I figured that might have been a cross as it was so different; so, I used my original seed source again, this year, and got a partially variegated plant. The variegation went away after a bit. I'm growing it in black plastic with drought. It got a late start, but it's prolific with good-sized fruits anyway.

heirloom_tomato