Spacemaster cucumber

We're growing Spacemaster cucumbers, this year. They're doing phenomenally well, especially considering that they're in soil that is probably kind of salty (due to being right next to a driveway that is salted in the winter). I don't know if they just like the year, or if it's an especially good variety for our garden (or maybe that soil is more ideal for cucumbers than I thought).

The fruits have been bitter from the start, but if you peel them first, that takes away all the bitterness.