Saving the rainforests

https://phys.org/news/2021-04-thicker-leaved-tropical-flourish-climate-good.html

The above article talks about how if we shift the plant species in the rainforests to kinds that get thicker leaves when exposed to carbon dioxide, that this could mitigate that bad effects of climate change on the rainforests.

Also, I'm wondering whether these plants produce more oxygen. It would seem that they might. They might be particularly effective at reducing pollutants, too. So, what kinds of plants are they?

Hopefully they're not thinking about using GMOs here (it sounds like they probably did for the study).

rainforest_
climate_change