Purple De Milpa tomatillo

Offsite articles:
Cuttings; Growing Your Own Salsa Verde (The New York Times, 1993)
The Plant Lady (blog post; grow report)

Vendors:
Annie's Annuals & Perennials
desertcart (has reviews)
The Home Depot
Honeyman Farms
HRSeeds
Morgan County Seeds
Nichols Garden Nursery
Planet Natural
Reimer Seeds
Richters
Seed Savers Exchange
Siskiyou Seeds
Trade Winds Fruit

Offsite forum search results:
Google: boards.net
Google: Dave's Garden
Google: freeforums.net
Google: Gardenweb
Google: proboards.com
Google: Tomatoville

*****

I grew these once (in 2015), in a raised bed with partial shade. The plants grew nicely and flowered heavily, but it didn't set fruit until way late in the season when it was too late to develop and ripen. I got the impression that it needed a pollinator of another variety or something. It was a very hot year (the hottest on record, in fact), and that may have influenced the fruit set. I'm not sure if my seed was true; I didn't get it from a reputable vendor. I might try it again, some year, in better soil and sun conditions.

heirloom_tomatillo