Politics

Radishrain

Political threads and posts are forbidden.

• (Exceptions are noted far below.)

Q/A

Q: Will I ban you for it?
A: Probably not. I'll likely just delete or edit your post. Alternatively, I may just reply to it with a warning, and/or lock it. If whether it's political is a gray area, it's probably okay to post, as long as it's nice. I mean, it's okay to talk about things that are political issues if you're not talking about them in a political way (for instance, remarking on how it's hotter these days than it used to be is fine, while saying people are stupid because they don't believe in climate change is not, as that's an argument that is being used politically; plus, it's an insult, and you're not allowed to insult people here).

Q: What if it's not controversial?
A: I might not care. The purpose of forbidding political posts is to help forum members be peaceful and happy. Please don't be offended if I delete or edit your post.

Q: Should I get angry at people who post political stuff?
A: No. Just tell them the rules and/or report the post. Be friendly.

Q: What if it's not political in my opinion, but other people think it is?
A: Then, at moderator/administrator discretion, it will probably be treated the same as if it were political.

Exceptions

• Administrators (not moderators) can post political posts, if desired. You are free to reply politically to administrator posts about politics, if they're not locked (but you must still follow the rules). Do not reference political posts from other threads, unless you're an administrator, or unless you're a moderator doing it for non-political moderation purposes.
• It's okay to talk about national holidays, political or not.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6