Earlier in the season:

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Noir de Carmes x Metki Dark Green Serpent F1 melon

Here's the second one, which I harvested on Wednesday. It was maybe overripe, as it was quite soft. It was less sweet than the other one, but still sweet. It tasted a lot like an apple with a soft melon texture. (Kind of weird, but cool.) It didn't have the aforementioned double taste phenomenon. I preferred the first one. The rind turned kind of orange.

Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6