heirloom_tomato

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Nineveh tomato

This post was updated on .
My Nineveh tomato plant has a few ripe fruit, now. I harvested one (not the largest of them) and ate it. It was surprisingly not super sour (people talk about it being really acidic). In fact, it wasn't what I call acidic, or even close to it, by taste. It did have a unique and very good taste, though. (A cool taste as opposed to a warm taste. Closer to a chlorine sweet than an a sour tang—but it's not a chlorine sweet; it's a new tomato flavor in my experience; I've tasted a lot of tomatoes; so, unique flavors are something I look out for.)

This may be one of those tomatoes that loses acidity where others gain it, and vice versa. I wonder if it would be more acidic with more or less potassium or calcium.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6