The bud isn't facing the window. My tree is in front of a south window. As far as I know, there's only one bud, so far. It's been in front of this window since about 2014 or so, but had less light before then. It's had more light for two or three years, since we removed trees that were in front of the window.

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: My grapefruit tree is budding after 24 to 29 years (first time)

My grapefruit tree's flower bloomed yesterday or so. Here are pictures from today:

Grapefruit blossom; grapefruit flower.
Grapefruit blossom; grapefruit flower.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: My grapefruit tree is budding after 24 to 29 years (first time)

Here's a picture of my tree, today. I just watered it earlier.

It hasn't had any new flowers since that last one.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6