Mexican Yellow cross tomato F2 (possibly crossed with Chapman)

This tomato was actually pretty tasty. It was like a much tangier version of Chapman, taste-wise, but the texture was different and more like those of my Brandy Boy crosses.

I suspect that Chapman is the father plant, as it tasted like Chapman. Taste-wise, the only other tomato with a similar taste that I grew was Pink Cheeks. It was pink again, this year (much as in 2017).

I plan to grow this again some time. I'm excited to have a tomato wuth this taste and texture. I hope it can be earlier and more prolific with a regular start (it was transplanted when it was still small, and transplanted later in the season than ideal).

This fruit had a very large blossom scar and was likely from a megabloom. These pictures are all of the same fruit.

A fruit with an enormous blossom scar from a Mexican Yellow cross tomato, probably crossed with the Chapman tomato.
A fruit with an enormous blossom scar from a Mexican Yellow cross tomato, probably crossed with the Chapman tomato.
A fruit with an enormous blossom scar from a Mexican Yellow cross tomato, probably crossed with the Chapman tomato.
A fruit with an enormous blossom scar from a Mexican Yellow cross tomato, probably crossed with the Chapman tomato.
A fruit with an enormous blossom scar from a Mexican Yellow cross tomato, probably crossed with the Chapman tomato.
A fruit with an enormous blossom scar from a Mexican Yellow cross tomato, probably crossed with the Chapman tomato.

other_tomato

3 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Mexican Yellow cross tomato F2 (possibly crossed with Chapman)

This post was updated on .
So, we've had plenty of hard freezes and the tomatoes have seemingly been dead for a while now. However, I look at my Mexican Yellow cross, today, and I saw it sprouting new growth near the soil! :)
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Mexican Yellow cross tomato F2 (possibly crossed with Chapman)

This post was updated on .
I think I might grow this next year after all.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Mexican Yellow cross tomato F2 (possibly crossed with Chapman)

See this related post: https://www.growspice.com/Mexican-Yellow-cross-F3-td2822.html
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6