It also shows some evidence for anti-inflammatory properties in test mice, in addition to being safe and tasty enough for use as a thyme-flavored food additive.

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Lamiaceae Thymus vulgaris derivative "Thymol"; natural medical, flavoring, and pesticide uses.

I bought a bottle of thymol over ten years ago. I think I got it for antifungal purposes. It worked better than anything else I had tried at the time (e.g. tea tree oil). It wasn't perfect, but the best thing I tried.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
CryptidFlora CryptidFlora

Re: Lamiaceae Thymus vulgaris derivative "Thymol"; natural medical, flavoring, and pesticide uses.

Huh, good to know. I tried some 7th generation disinfectant wipes recently and I was pleasantly surprised the natural, pleasant smell. I make bath and body products and I would like to start utilizing thymol somehow.