Jerusalem artichokes falling over and budding

Our Jerusalem artichokes have been falling over for a little while. I guess the tuber-grown ones get a lot taller. They're starting to develop buds.

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Jerusalem artichokes falling over and budding

Mine are wild ones from Kansas (I started them from seeds in the spring of 2018).

They got super tall this year, and fell over. They have a lot of flowers now. I hope they'll get ripe seeds. It's almost time when we can begin eating them. Three hard freezes are on the weather forecast.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6