heirloom_tomato

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Isis Candy tomato

I harvested an Isis Candy tomato, today. There are a few ripening, and it probably wasn't the first to have started coloring. It wasn't as ripe as would be ideal, but I wanted to try it at that stage.

Anyway, it was sweet, but not super sweet. Sweet enough that I would describe it as kind of sweet, but not in the same class as Medovaya Kaplya, Ron's Carbon Copy, and such. Maybe the riper ones are sweeter (probably).

It had a tomatoey taste that was decent (and not so tomatoey that it's overpowering); I wasn't expecting a tomatoey taste for a bicolor cherry of its sort, but that's great.

I liked it enough that combined with its other features I do intend to grow it again next year. The fruit was orange-ish; that one didn't seem bicolor to me.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Isis Candy tomato

I seeded a bunch of tomatoes, on 23 July 2020. Isis Candy was the most abundant of those I seeded (although had I harvested and seeded Galapagos Island, I'm sure there would have been more of those).

Anyway, I tasted a number of them. Some of them tasted sweet-ish and a bit tomatoey, with a warm flavor, and others tasted like a mix between asparagus and that, or like sweet asparagus.

Some of the Isis Candy fruits were about 1.5" in diameter, and some were quite small (the smallest ones were redder, but you can't see those; the small cherry you can see is Austin's Black Cherry):

The Isis Candy tomatoes in the following photo are the lower ones in the right bowl:
Tomato harvest, 23 July 2020.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6