Houseplants from seed

I'm very interested in the concept of growing houseplants from seed. There doesn't seem to be much information that is easy to find about it, however. So, I plan to put information I discovered in this thread.

I've read that these can be grown from seed:
Adromischus cristatus (Crinkle Leaf Plant or Key Lime Pie Plant)
Codariocalyx motorius (Dancing Tree)
Fatsia japonica (Japanese Aralia)
• Hedera helix (English ivy)
Hypoestes phyllostachys (Pink Polka Dot Plant)
Monstera deliciosa
Philodendron sellous (Philodendron Hope): I believe they meant Selloum (Thaumatophyllum bipinnatifidum), which isn't a Philodendron anymore.

I've personally saved and sprouted a seed of Chlorophytum comosum before. The seedling was small and slow-growing, but recognizably a spider plant. It didn't survive beyond the seedling stage. I'm guessing some extra phosphorus and potassium and/or humidity could have saved it.