The fruits are maybe about six inches long. Maybe 4-7lbs or so.

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Honeycomb x Torpeda F1

We've been eating the bigger one for a little while now (since August 19th). Everyone seems to like it quite a bit. I think the smaller one tasted better, but that's probably because we ate it sooner (the bigger one was sitting in the refrigerator for a good while before we opened it). Both tasted very good, and sweet, however. I saved the seeds of both melons.

One taster (of the second fruit) preferred it to any honeydew that the taster had tried before, and preferred it to cantaloupe. This taster described the texture as crisp (that's not how I would describe it), and was pleased with it.

Note that the spoon in the second picture is a large spoon.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6