Genetically engineered edible cotton seeds

Cottonseed is toxic to humans (not necessarily some other animals), but they've genetically engineered a kind with edible seeds for humans to eat: https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/10/17/658221327/not-just-for-cows-anymore-new-cottonseed-is-safe-for-people-to-eat

Sounds great. Finally they're doing something cool with genetic engineering. This isn't a statement as to whether I think genetic engineering is moral or not. I reserve judgment on that.