heirloom_tomato

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Garden Leader Monster tomato

Okay, I managed to find the Garden Leader Monster tomato plant and a number of ripe tomatoes on it. Insurance_1 and Moneymaker were covering it.

Unlike the last time I grew them, the fruits this year were mealy, without much flavor (they were excellent in taste and texture before). So, not terribly exciting, this year. That could be due to the lack of sunlight (due to other plants covering it) and the three handfuls of wood ash that I gave it (it may require less potassium and/or calcium for optimal taste/texture; I didn't give it wood ash the first time).

Nevertheless I saved a plentiful amount of seeds from each of three fruits (of varying degrees of ripeness), separately. The fruits ripened red. Here they are:

Garden Leader Monster tomato fruits, 3 Sep 2020.
Garden Leader Monster tomato fruit, sliced in two; 3 Sep 2020.
Garden Leader Monster tomato fruit, sliced in two; 3 Sep 2020.
Garden Leader Monster tomato fruit, sliced in two; 3 Sep 2020.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6