heirloom_tomato

3 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Galapagos Island (S. cheesmaniae; very early; yellow; cherry)

The plant is certainly prolific, and large, this year. I guess it likes black plastic.

The flavor has changed recently. It tastes like it has a higher tomatine content than it did earlier in the season (so, it tastes more like Coyote and Matt's Wild cherry than it used to earlier this season).
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Galapagos Island (S. cheesmaniae; very early; yellow; cherry)

This post was updated on .
Here's a stainless steel bowl of them that I harvested, today! There a few salad to medium-sized tomatoes underneath. It's our second-largest stainless steel bowl.

Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Galapagos Island (S. cheesmaniae; very early; yellow; cherry)

Here's my Galapagos Island antifreeze tomato, so far, this year (grown from seeds from fruits that survived several hard freezes last year without looking phased by it; note that I just mean the fruits—not the plants; the plants died probably soon after the other tomato plants died). I thinned it, today. It's blooming, today (one of the first).

Here's my 5-chamber Galapagos Island tomato (from a fruit with five locules last year, I believe). I thinned it, today, too, and it's blooming, today, too.

Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6