Favorite grocery store onion-type

So, lately, I've been obsessed with white onions. They're my new favorite. I wish I knew what breed they were, though (color only tells you so much about the qualities). I'm guessing they came from Winco, if that helps; they're a large kind.

I used to think red onions were my favorite, but I've discovered that I mostly like red onions fresh (I prefer other onions cooked).

These white onions seem all-purpose. They have a gentle taste and texture fresh. They have a *lot* of nice flavor when cooked in soups and stuff (e.g. in clam chowder with red potatoes). They're easy to cut.