Does black pepper really stop a wound from bleeding?

So, I saw a video that portrayed someone putting black pepper on a medium wound to stop it from bleeding.

I cut myself, today (on a pineapple can while washing it); it was bleeding a surprising amount for not being a major cut. So, I decided to try the black pepper. I sprinkled it on. It didn't work. So, I rubbed it around. It didn't work. It was bleeding as much as ever both times. So, eventually I just put toilet paper on it.

So, I must conclude that this trick does not work for everyone every time.

FYI: I'm not on blood thinners.

FYI: Sometimes I wash cans to save for things like games.