I abandoned putting foil on the bottom tray, since it seemed to slow down the process. Cleaning the bottom of the dehydrator and underneath it shouldn't be so hard to make me want to make the dehydration not work well.

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Dehydrating cucumbers

This post was updated on .
These cucumbers are drying astonishingly fast! They're almost done (most of them already are, by the look of it).

Note, that they were skinned before being dried.

I tasted one, and it has a really interesting flavor. It has about three tastes, each in succession (with the first two lasting about a second each). It's sweeter than I imagined, too. They're thinner dry than I realized they would be, also.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6