Concerning complications from COVID-19

We've known about this sort of thing for a long time, but it's still news, and people still aren't talking about it a terrible lot:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/04/210422123603.htm
https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4106

I mean, we've known for a long time that the virus attacks the heart, kidneys, and other organs (and we already thought, before the pandemic, that some of those organs don't necessarily recover easily, if at all, when damaged). But yeah, COVID-19 isn't just like a severe flu. It's not just a respiratory and/or gastrointestinal virus.