heirloom_tomato

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Carbon tomato

I got a ripe Carbon tomato, today. It had BER; so, that's why it was so early. It was from the plant that was not from FarmerShawn's seeds. The seeds were still green; so, I just ate them.

Anyway, it tasted quite good. It was both quite sweet and quite tart. I'm pleased with the flavor. Hopefully I like the regular ones, too. It did not taste like Ron's Carbon Copy did in 2016 (which was not tart at all, and not the same kind of sweetness).

It's remarkable that it had BER, since I gave the plant three handfuls of wood ash (which is high in calcium).
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6