elhlersdanlos_

1 Comment

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Capsaicin and collagen!

Raifu wrote
… Note, however, that hot peppers do not increase my sensitivity to indoor lights, particularly (although celery seed, celery leaves, and bilberries do; I should research those as they pertain to collagen next).
Celery contains psoralen, which increases the skin's sensitivity to UV. I'm not sure if it increases the eye's sensitivity. Lots of things contain psoralen, so I'm not sure if it's what makes celery make me more sensitive to artificial light. Either way, if one has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, then it's good to know about psoralen, since UV exposure is a concern for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.

Figs are said to be high in psoralen. I wonder if they would make me more light-sensitive. I'm really craving some fig bars, now. I haven't had any in years, to my knowledge. Fig bars make a certain condition of mine (which involves some certain veins) more severe temporarily (for unknown reasons); so, that's why I don't eat fig bars very often anymore (albeit I love them). I wish they had fig-free bars like that (even the strawberry and apple ones have figs in them, I think). How about date bars?

celery_
fig_
psoralen_
Climate: BSk