heirloom_tomato

2 Comments

Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Blue Berries tomato

There are some ripe fruits, today! I ate the smallest one. It tasted quite tart/acidic/sour, and had some sweetness, too (definitely more tartness than sweetness). It had a mild tomatoey aftertaste, and I could taste the anthocyanin, too. It was very good, in my opinion! They ripened faster than I was expecting. The fruits aren't quite as big as I was hoping, but they're bigger than some cherries.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Radishrain Radishrain

Re: Blue Berries tomato

Here's a handful I picked, today. The taste was kind of bitter; I guess that's the anthocyanin taste in tomatoes that people talk about. They tasted quite a bit different earlier in the season; so, I'm guessing they taste better in hotter, sunnier weather. I find it easy to ignore the bitterness, but it takes a little getting used to.

Blue Berries tomato fruits, ripe. 2 Oct 2020.
Climate: BSk
USDA hardiness zone: 6