Black Vernissage

Here are some Black Vernissage fruits. I saved seeds from them. The plant was stunted until other plants had already been big for a good while. However, it was the first tomato to sprout, I believe. I think a disease stunted it. I zapped the seeds (so, I'm curious to see how they perform next time).

The fruits were firmer than I expected, and pleasantly so. The taste was a bit sweet. It was good. It wasn't all that different from Noire de Crimee' (but it was different). The fruits weren't much smaller, either.

Black Verinssage tomato fruit, whole.
Black Vernissage tomato fruit, sliced.

heirloom_tomato