Black Beauty tomato

Here are some Black Beauty fruits, this year. I'm not sure if this is a cross or not, since it has different growing conditions, this year. The definite cross showed no anthocyanin; so, that has me thinking this might be true-to-type.

I grew it in 2017 where it waited until the end of the season to put out a whole bunch of large (much larger than these in 2019), fine fruit (most didn't ripen on the plant), with much blacker skin. They were a smooth beefsteak shape, or oblate perhaps.

This year, the fruits have less anthocyanin and are significantly smaller, and rounder. They taste about the same (maybe sweeter), but have softer texture. I used black plastic, this year, but not in 2017.

Here are some of this year's fruits:
Black Beauty tomato fruit, whole. Possibly a cross.
Black Beauty tomato fruit, cut. Possibly a cross.

heirloom_tomato