Amarylla tomatillo

Offsite articles:
Dave's Garden

Vendors:
123seeds.com (Spelled Amarilla here, and so may be another variety.)
Annapolis Seeds
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
ChilePlants.com
Chilisforever
FrozenSeeds.com
HRSeeds
Oro Seeds
packetseeds.com

Offsite forum search results:
Google: Dave's Garden
Google: Gardenweb
Google: proboards.com
Google: Tomatoville

*****

This is a yellow tomatillo, which for me had unusual flavor when I grew it in 2015. It reminded me of sour watermelon, but weirder. The husked fruits kept for an extremely long time when refrigerated (and even ripened further, and probably sweetened further, during this process). Usually people keep tomatillos in the husks, unrefrigerated, for storage.

I got my seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds: https://www.rareseeds.com/store/vegetables/tomatillo/amarylla-tomatillo

It's a polish heirloom with early maturity and heat-tolerance. The fruits can get a decent size. Perhaps not the most drought-tolerant in the heat, however.

heirloom_tomatillo